What Is A Plumbing Emergency?
When it comes to plumbing, any failure in the system can seem like an emergency. However, not everything actually constitutes an emergency. To help you understand how to determine what requires emergency plumbing repair, here is a bit of helpful information. First, consider leaks. A small drip under the sink is not an emergency even though it can cause damage, especially over time. However, if the leak goes at all beyond a drip, it does constitute an emergency. A spraying leak can cause exponential damage in an incredibly short amount of time. If the leak is coming from your water heater, even a small leak needs to be taken care of quickly. If the leak is coming from the bottom of the water heater tank, it means that the tank is failing. Any time something goes wrong with your water heater, it is an emergency. The reason for this is the inclusion of either electricity or gas. A malfunctioning garbage disposal, in general, is not an emergency. The exception would be a disposal that would not turn off or was otherwise a danger. The best way to gauge what is or is not an emergency is to look at whether or not there is any danger involved and how damaging the situation is. If it can be maintained for the time being, not an emergency. If it is something that poses a serious risk of damage, it is a plumbing emergency. For more information about emergency plumbing repair in San Diego, CA, call Quick Repair Quick Rooter today at (619) 440-4424!
- Clogged Drain Cleaning A clogged drain can stop water from moving down the drain so get help fast.
- Garbage Disposals If you hear strange noises or stuck blades get help from a pro.
- Gas Line Installation & Repair Gas lines should only be treated by a qualified technician for your safety.
- Hydro Jetting A pressurized hose snaking through your pipes will clear out the gunk.
- Leak Detection & Repair With new technology and trainng we’ll be able to trace the origin of the leak.
- Plumbing Leak Repair We’ll have your plumbing line patched up and repair in no time.
- Sewer Line Repair Improve and upgrade on piping materials for your whole home for stronger performing pipelines.
- Slab Leak Repair Stabilize the foundation of your home by fixing slab leaks pronto.
- Tankless Water Heater Installation Increase energy efficiency and save on maintenance with tankless water heaters.
- Toilet Repair and Installation Have your toilet running smoothly once more with new appliances or repairs.
- Water Heater Replacement and Installation If your water heater is getting old it may be time to have it replaced for a newer model.
- Whole House Repiping Improve and upgrade on piping materials for your whole home for stronger performing pipelines.
When you find yourself in the midst of a plumbing emergency, it can be quite stressful. It can also be difficult to think straight and know what to do. Here are some helpful tips to get you started. First, when you realize there is a problem, it is often daunting. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is take a deep breath and try to remain calm. Next, if there is a leak involved, you need to shut off the water supply to the damaged area. Sometimes this can be done while leaving water on to the rest of the house. Other times, it is necessary to turn off the water supply at the main valve. If the plumbing emergency repair involves electricity or gas, the next step is to turn that off. Next, call us and let us know what is going on. We will advise you from there.
Making An Appointment
Once you reach the point of making an appointment, there are a few things that can help make the process smoother. Make sure that you let us know that you are dealing with a plumbing emergency. From there, you need to tell us what is going on to the best of your knowledge. You can just say that there is a leak or that something is not working correctly, but this is not enough information. Tell us how bad the leak is or what is going on with the malfunctioning appliance. Then tell us when you are going to be home and where you are located. This is a vital bit of information. If you do not tell us where to come, we will not know how to find you. A simple address will generally do, but if you live in an area that is not well addressed, maybe even if you are, we may need directions to your house as well. Call today at (619) 440-4424for more information! Quick Repair Quick Rooter is here for your emergency plumbing repair in San Diego, CA.